Friday, May 18, 2012

Ignite

I miss singing with our school's Ignite team! I kept listening to our recordings yesterday morning and early afternoon over and over again, just wishing that we could all play and sing together again. I think my mom was a little bit annoyed just hearing the same songs over again, but I was just in that mood! :) I miss you guys like crazy.

Ignite was changed this last year to a kind of worship ensemble. We were made up of seven instrument-less singers, and a band (most of which sang as well). We had 14 members on our team (this includes the sound guy, the lights/ppt guy, the director, the band members, and the singers). We were a team that would go to a different church almost every sunday, to lead the worship service. We practiced for three hours one evening each week, and we ended the year off on a tour to Southern Ontario.

Tour was a really great time. We had a lot of laughs (we do a lot of laughing together), and did a lot of singing. We sang three times one of the days! We met many many families too, and got to stay in many different homes. I'm not super comfortable with strangers or crowds all the time, but I managed. :) There were a couple of times that I got homesick, but all in all, it was a great time.

My highlight of our trip was at the banquet night we had in Leamington. My friend and I sat with a family that had two little girls (one was 3, the other just turned 2). The two year old LOVES music. While we were singing, she was pretty much conducting us. She was bouncing to the exact beat we were singing, and waving her hands in the air. When we went back to our tables, she sat on my lap. For the first few minutes, she was a bit shy, but after that, she kept looking at my face and laughing at me. :D It was so funny!!

On our way back, we stopped in Wisconsinn Dells for the night....Some of my friends made me go on the "howling tornado" ride. NEVER again. Hahaha. I can now say I went on it, but it was the scariest ride I have ever been on. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment